The word “Ujjayi Pranayama” made from the Sanskrit prefix “ud” (उद्) and “ji” (जि): “ujji” (उज्जि), Ujjayi (उज्जायी), which means “Victory”, “one who is victorious”. Thus the Ujjayi breath means “victorious breath”. In this breathing exercise the process of Inhalation (breath in) and exhalation (breathe out) are both done through the nostrils. During the process of Inhalation (breathe in or Poorak) the “ocean like sound” is formed by moving the glottis as air passes in and out.
Breathing through the nose humidifies the indrawn air, tempers it and removes mud particles. Exploitation Ujjayi Pranayama permits you to breathe clean air. The murmuring Ujjayi pranayama sound causes the bronchi to vibrate subtly, activating the ciliate epithelial tissue. Mud particles will be far from the lungs during this method. Throughout traditional respiratory, the pressure on the bronchi throughout exhalation is sort of modesty. Ujjayi Pranayama maintains steady pressure within the bronchi, even throughout the exhalation. This counteracts the collapsing of the smaller bronchi, permitting the exhalation to be swollen and also the quantity of residual air within the lungs to be reduced. This respiratory technique is very helpful for those that suffer from chronic hindering respiratory organ conditions or bronchial asthma. ↑
- Those people who are suffering from heart diseases and high blood pressure not to combine Bandha and breathe retention in Ujjayi Pranayama.
- Don’t tighten your throat during Ujjayi pranayama.
- Don’t do Ujjayi pranayama with strain. According to your ability hold the breathe.
- Do Pranayama systematically one by one on empty stomach. ↑
- Sit in any meditative pose like Padmasana (Lotus pose) with eye closed and try to keep your spine erect.
- Take a long, deep breath slowly from both the nostril (inhale or breath in).
- While breath in trying to contract the throat and feel the touch of air in your throat.
- Remember one thing air should not touch inside the nose.
- As air touches the throat a peculiar sound is produced.
- Enable the breath to be light and relaxed as you slightly contract the rear of your throat, making a gentle hissing sound as you inhale and out. The sound isn’t forced; however, it ought to be loud enough so if somebody came near you they’d hear it.
- Now breath out by closing your right nostril and exhale from the left nostril. Try to produce the sound ‘HHHHHAAAA’ while exhaling.
Ujjayi Pranayama other technique:-
- The inhalation and exhalation ought to be gentle and controlled. Inhale slowly and deeply through the nostril and retain the breath within with full awareness as long as simply doable. This is often called Antar kumbhaka (inner retention).
- After it, exhale slowly and deeply as long as well with full awareness. When full exhalation, retain the breath outside for a awfully comfy amount of your time. This is often Bahya kumbhaka (outer retention). Before, obtaining any strain, begin inhalation once more.
- Remember, don’t take any strain once acting kumbhaka (retention), one or 2 seconds is decent initially. Step by step increasing the length because the technique is perfect.
- This is one spherical of Ujjayi pranayama with retention observe its twelve rounds initially and step by step increase it to ten minutes.
There is one another technique for Ujjayi Pranayama. In third technique apply Bandha’s with breath holding. First of all attempt Ujjayi pranayama in simple way then try with kumbhaka and at last if you are master in doing Ujjayi with Kumbhaka then go for Bandha’s in Ujjayi pranayama.For beginners do Ujjayi pranayama 3 to 5 times. Once you are used to it than increases the time as per your ability. ↑
- It is boost the focusing power of mind.
- Body becomes healthy, strong and lustrous.
- It generates the internal heat.
- Gives a positive attitude.
- Very helpful in clearing blocked arteries, regulates cholesterol.
- Helps in cataracts and sinus problems, Rheumatism and migraine also.
- It lowers the risk of heart attacks.
- Prevents thyroid problems and makes voice sweet and melodious.
- Best for those people who are in singing profession.
- Beneficial in chronic cold, cough, indigestion, liver problems, dysentery, fever and other diseases.
- Best for arousing Kundalini, meditation.
- Increases the concentration power.
- Improve lisping problems in children.
- Very helpful in Asthama problem and other repiratory diseases. ↑